When you decide to sell a property you have to get it valued and then advertises it. Here are a few tips that would help you.
Selling a property is usually never without hiccups. But with a little planning you can get the boat sailing. Property advertising and valuation are two key steps when planning to sell real estate. If you bat with elegance on these two pitches, you can be sure of getting the target selling your property in this case.
Advertisement costs are high these days. Property owners need to deploy the best and most cost-efficient methods to get their message through:
* Ensure that all the necessary information is present in your advertisement. You should list down details like the address of the property, your phone number, email address, etc and the price range.
* Plant a sign at the front declaring that the property is on sale. Although it has been the traditional way to advertise a property, it still works.
* Advertise in popular local newspapers. There are various options regarding advertising in newspapers from a black-and-white ‘House for Sale’ advertisement to a colored one with pictures. The advantage of this method is that people who are truly interested in purchasing property read the property section.
* Advertise the property on local television networks. Conceptualize virtual tours of the property. Though you would have to shell out more than the usual methods, but consider the medium of the TV as it has a much larger audience.
* Brochures and local newsletters can be helpful. Hire a couple of local youths to distribute brochures in the local grocery stores, shopping centers or neighborhood functions.
* For going global, the most economic medium is the Internet. Prospective buyers of a good property are not only those residing locally. There are always people seeking relocation or those returning home from a stint abroad. With Internet advertising, you can tap this market.
Having Your Property Valued
For selling your property, you will have to first get it valued. A few tips would help you:
* Do the proper homework. Meet local real estate professionals to find out what prices properties in your area have recently gone for. The Internet is also a great medium to check out the price range in a locality. You are then better prepared to deal with the estate agents valuing your home.
* Choose at least five agents to value your house. That way you would be able to get the best possible value for your property.
* Prepare the property for valuation by cleaning and refurbishing it. Showcase it as if the valuation agent is a viewer. You want the real estate agents selling your property to appreciate your house. If they themselves don’t believe in it being an excellent purchase, why would they be interested in getting it sold?
* Inquire with the valuation agents as to how would they advertise your property: on what places do their properties appear, what newspapers do they advertise in, how many offices do they have, etc? Their way of marketing would play a crucial part in the sale.
* Ask clearly about the commission that an agent would seek for getting a property sold. There should not be any misunderstanding after the sale.
These tips would come handy when selling commercial properties, residential properties and foreclosures in Guilford, Connecticut.
The author of this article is associated with SellSomeProperty.com, a leading property website for houses for sale in CT and foreclosures in Guilford, United States.